Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Married life and other stuff...

So Brandon and I have been married almost 2 months! I will say that even though I wasn't convinced that it would feel "different" to be married, it does...for the better! I haven't really been able to put my finger on exactly what makes it better, but I will say that it's nice to not have to worry about your status as a couple--no more searching, no more worrying if I'm the right girl, no more trying to explain to others that "we've talked about marriage...", yadda yadda. Anyway, I'm back to feeling single since football has started and I actually will be going to bed before he gets home. I'll wake up for work, he'll be in bed, he'll go to work, I'll come home from work, I'll go to bed, he'll come home from work and we will repeat that cycle until November. This marriage might work!
On another note, the fire ants in our yard are taking over. We had them well controlled, but since the previous homeowners decided it would be smart to plant fig trees right by our back door, we have bees, flys and ants EVERYWHERE. It also smells like rotten fruit when you walk outside. It's been almost impossible to let Millie out in the yard for fear that she'll get in one of the million ant hills or get stung by a bee. I would really hate to cut down a living tree that produces fruit, but I'm really fed up...Those trees are going DOWN. I guess we'll spend some time this weekend maybe scooping up mashed rotten figs off the ground so maybe we won't be feeding every squirrel, bee, ant and fly in Greenville. Until then, I have to keep using the red ant killer which I hate to do. I don't want to kill them...just go somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment